Saturday, February 21, 2015

dreams



I have been having so many vivid dreams lately. I wonder if it is the influence of the lunar new year, the new moon or because of the change in my sleep cycle. I am trying to wake up at 5 AM so that I have some time to myself to meditate, reflect and plan our busy days before everyone else is awake. I was inspired by my sister to try miracle morning. I was skeptical at first but it is really working! Some of the (still early) benefits are: I feel much calmer throughout the day, focused and incredibly purposeful.

We made some dreamcatchers here at the beach and from what I understand dreamcatchers were created by Native American mothers and grandmothers who would weave magical webs for the children, using willow hoops and sinew, or cordage made from plants. The dreamcatcher is meant to filter out all bad dreams and only allow good thoughts to enter the mind. Once the sun rises, all bad dreams just disappear. We made two, this first one was made before we learned how to make the  "web" design.

Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment